Chai Chai and Bao Bao wedding – Mabini, Bohol, The Philippines Aug’18
Chai Chai and Bao Bao wedding – Mabini, Bohol, The Philippines Aug’18, what a day it was. Amy had left us the night before as she was a bridesmaid and needed to be with the rest of the girls for hair and make-up. The rest of us at station Anda were up at 0600am to prepare as well. Jude needed to get dressed up for ring bearer duties. My Mary got dressed up to amazing beauty and yours truly tried to go traditional with a Barong and red trousers/shoes to match the colour co-ordination.
We waited for ages for our van to come with Mary’s red dress delivery, only for her to try it on and decide no, and go back to the white one that was already handing up in the room. Hmmmm. Thanks to J&R Residence, Jilo and Ralf, for creating an amazing transformation to the special room for our special treat to Chai Chai and Bao Bao. It looked amazing! Here’s some shots of that in the morning. How nice does that look – but imagine it tonight with candles and champagne – more to follow.
OK let’s get in to the actual day of – Chai Chai and Bao Bao wedding – Mabini, Bohol, The Philippines Aug’18. It’s a photo-fest. Some things that stand out for me;
- Poor baby Jude being sick twice in the van including one time all over Dave the Parrot;
- And no surprise as the van driver thought he was Lewis Hamilton in an F1 race – lunatic;
- Stunning local church at Mabini – no religious significance for me, it was just stunning;
- The choir were amazing, almost haunting sounds echo’ing through the church;
- Funny thing that myself and the chap sat next to me could not understand a word of the service – so we had to literally copy everything that everyone else was doing, stand up, sit down – almost like learning a new dance;
- Amazing performance by Mum and my Mary with their speeches at the reception, incredible – wow so so proud;
- The lady compere at the reception was so funny, massively pregnant so we gave her a chair and water, but she soldiered on – she should be on TFC, bloody funny;
- Hysterical games for the next bride to be – so much better than the UK style of throw the bouquet over the shoulder;
- Releasing the white doves was such a nice touch, I really liked that;
- J&R Residence did us proud for our gift to Chai Chai and Bao Bao – it was just beautiful – thank you.
OK here we go the pictures of the day.
And there you have it folks, the much awaited Chai Chai and Bao Bao wedding – Mabini, Bohol, The Philippines Aug’18. Thanks so much to Chai Chai and Bao Bao for the invitations, and for having Mary and I as sponsors, Amy and Jhea as bridesmaids and Baby-Jude as ring-bearer. We all so very proud and honoured. Thanks to family Philippines for making it such as ACE day, one ot be remembered that is for certain. Thanks to my bestest buds Ruthers and Stacey for making it possible for us all to attend including BeBe, means the world mates – see the next blog coming re family reunion day. Thanks to J&R Residence for making the end of the day ever so special – just brilliant. And thank you The Philippines – love you. Come and you will absolutely – ENJOY!!!