Day #5 Panglao Mar’20 Bellevue Resort
Sadly a tarnished experience of Bellevue Resort for Day #5 Panglao Mar’20 Bellevue Resort. We booked this via Booking.com ages ago before any of the nastiness. You’ve seen the previous blog re days #1-5 (morning). Well, this is specifically about Bellevue Resort today. I get the Covid-19 impact, I truly do. I get the massive downturn in guests and therefore staff numbers. I get reduced menus due to potential lack of produce. I get no special buffets due to lack of guests moving to al la carte only. I get no pool service due to shortening of staff etc. I truly do get it.
But, Bellevue Resort did this;
- They sent us an email checking we are still coming to the resort for our stay 2 days before we arrive at the hotel
- I even ask for an additional room which they were more than happy to book us into
- I even stated to them we can’t wait to eat the Sisig and Tuna Tataki, but they didn’t say the menu is massively reduced/nothing is available
- Even as we’re checking-in the Manager was even trying to up-sell us on their private dining experience in the hotel gardens that night for an additional per head cover charge
Not once did they mention;
- Beach restaurant closed
- Bar closed
- Construction work on the roofs
- Pool service gone
- Can’t get a pool towel for the kids for love nor money
- Massively reduced all-day menu and no buffets – as in something like 8 options only on the menu
- Not turning on the aircon in the restaurants unless specifically asked to do so
- No hot water in the rooms
- The kid’s playroom is closed unless asked for
- In fact the very ‘private dining experience’ the Manager offered us was not available anyway as the kitchen has ZERO ingredients and the Manager should not have offered it in the 1st place according to the dining staff & Chef
So to the Bellevue Resort – I think you should have been stating all the above during the communication to the guest and perhaps giving them a choice or a discount due to the state of the place in a comparison of normal running. Virus aside, it should be your professional hospitality industry courtesy to explain the above to your guests about to join you. All I did was walk in and become very disappointed re the whole experience, which will linger in my memory. It’s very sad after so many times staying here with you. That was my experience Day #5 Panglao Mar’20 Bellevue Resort. The staff you have remaining were brilliant so be proud of them!!! But on day #6 we went to Hennan Resoort – what a difference (see blog soon) – if they can, why can’t you?
Rant over, we still had fun on our own for Day #5 Panglao Mar’20 Bellevue Resort.
Yes, I did indeed do quite a lot of Flogging. CLICK HERE to watch some of our experience here this trip. This is our Flog of Day #5 Panglao Mar’20 Bellevue Resort.