Our House, in the middle of Panglao, Our House…
Back we go to Panglao, Bohol for as always a multi-purpose trip. Our House, in the middle of Panglao, Our House… Was a trip to cover off the following;
- House blessing;
- JimBoy graduation;
- Jhea award;
- Finishing off the house – we’re AirBnB booked in April and nieces on their way in May;
- Oh yeah and to have a vacation, nearly forgot that.
I’ll try to break the blogs down into common themes for the trip here on ninakennett.net, and then expand that out to family food fun, and restaurant reviews on IsLifeaRecipe.net. Yes, there so many to mention there. I need to get home to lose some weigh OMG.
First, though let me just explain how this goes, Our House, in the middle of Panglao, Our House… BeBe leaves 1st so she can be there for her boy’s birthday, then off goes Mary, Ollie, Amy and Jude, then I go. Then Ollie and BeBe come back together as Ollie has school. Amy and I come back on 31st together. Mary and Jude come back on 5th as JimBoy’s graduation date was delayed, and sadly I have to come back for work. Bugger!!!
One major 1st for us all was the experience of our first Philippines earthquake. 4.6 on The Rictor Scale. A huge BOOM, and one big wobble. We all stood silent for a bit wondering WTF, had a plane crashed at the airport? I looked at the work-men across in the other house, and they were all standing to look at each other too. Finally, we got some internet and yes it was confirmed as an earthquake. WOW!!!
Anyways – we did, as always have an absolutely cracking time in paradise. Let’s have a week look, shall we?
Actually, this was a God-Send as we were not ready.
Chateau De Paz management gave us the paint mix and brand that we were supposed to use for the walls. It then goes like this;
- Not one building shop in Tagbilaran carries that brand of paint;
- We finally find (after 4 abortive trips to shops), one that will mix it to the same colour using another brand;
- I go with Amy to buy it;
- Sorry, Sir, our paint mixer is off today as it is his daughter’s graduation;
- OK, I need to buy 25x 2oKg sacks of skimmer; 2Kg newspaper, sandpaper, masking tape, and primer;
- We only have 20 sacks of skimmer Sir;
- OK I’ll take all you have and we come back tomorrow for the paint;
- Here you go Sir, that is X,000 Peso;
- Here’s my card;
- Sorry, we only accept cash;
- I go to get cash, and two ATM’s are not working;
- Ring the wife. Shit, the pocket WIFI is not working;
- Back to the house, Amy and I go;
- Back to the shop, we ALL go for Mary to pay in cash;
- Paint purchased a day or so later.
Ye,s this was not my most fun day of the holiday it has to be said.
So there is Blog #1. Our House, in the middle of Panglao, Our House… Our little home #2 is finished, apart from the cable connection. She is done. We have our first AirBnB guests in soon, x2 in April, and then my nieces are over in May. Money coming in, saving money for not hotels, and it’s home when we are older and wrinklier. Die gracefully on a white powder beach, with a San Mig Pilsen ($1) in hand? Yes, please. We are so proud of her. Again thanks so much to Mum/Dad/Mae and YanYan. Thank you. She’s open for rent folks, check her on AirBnB for availability. We’ll be back ASAP. Praying for an airline in Singapore to choose a direct route. We will, as will you – ENJOY!!!